CREST - Catalytic Reaction Engineering for Sustainable Technologies
The ultimate target of the entire group is the study of innovative chemical processes that pursue the goal of developing a more sustainable society model. The objective is realized across three types of approaches (sections of the group): the biorefinery, or the exploitation of biomass to produce fuels or chemicals derived from renewable sources, the re-use and recovery of waste or limiting the environmental impact conventional processes, and finally monitoring the quality and safety of products of the food industry
- Development of hydrothermal and/or wet catalytic processes able to reach at least 20% of lignin valorization (on an energy basis)
- Photocatalytic processes with efficiency higher than 5%
- Algae conversion processes with 30% yield to gaseous fuels
- Pollutants abatement at vehicle exhausts of Diesel engines using a catalytic converter without noble metals.
- Conversion of sugar waste into high added value products, with yields higher than 50% wt.
- Development of processes of anaerobic digestion of food residues able to give biogas yields higher than 60% (by weight)
Team di ricerca
Processi di bioraffineria
- Riduzione della CO2 per una economia low-carbon
- Processi sostenibili per l’agroindustria
- Processi chimici e catalitici per l’energia e la protezione dell’ambiente