DISAT Department is characterized by a large number of experimental training laboratories, business services testing and research.
For the training, we note:
- The Chemistry Wing laboratories (400 sqm), where the experimental exercises of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Physics Physics laboratories where the Physics I and Physics II exercises take place, and nanotechnology and atomic force microscopy didactics laboratories
- Basic physical education laboratory
- Test materials laboratories, where students experiment with material analysis techniques.
- Mechanical testing laboratory application
It is estimated that more than 5000 students attend these laboratories every year.
For the business services, the department has:
Two chemical analysis laboratories run by technical staff and predominantly dedicated to third party service
A center for mechanical and electrical characterization of materials at the Alessandria headquarters
A series of laboratories where large material characterization equipment (electronic microscopes, X-ray diffractometers, XPS spectroscopy, ICP-mass analyzers, etc.) for internal and third-party use.
For research, the department has about 100 additional laboratories distributed as follows:
- Over 80 laboratories at the headquarters of the department in Torino, interested in all its cultural components: chemistry, physics, chemical engineering and materials engineering. Three labs dedicated to ERC projects (Boot Lan - Troian Nano Horse Lab - INTHERM) have also recently been set up.
- 15 laboratories at the department office in Alessandria, predominantly dedicated to the science and technology of materials (goldsmith metallurgy, plastics).
- 4 laboratories at the headquarters in Biella dedicated to the development of textile products
- A large workshop at Chivasso for the development of (nano) materials for electronics and thin films.
- Chemical Plants Didactic Laboratory
- Chemical Reactors Didactic Laboratory
- Chemistry and Organic chemistry Didactic Laboratory
- Corrosion and Protection of Materials Didactic Laboratory
- Food engineering didactic lab
- Introduction to nanotechnologies didactic laboratory
- Laboratori didattici di Fisica generale
- Laboratorio didattico di biologia molecolare
- Laboratorio didattico di Controllo di processo
- Laboratorio didattico di Elettromagnetismo e Ottica
- Laboratorio didattico di microscopia a forza atomica
- Laboratorio didattico di preparazione e osservazione metallografica
- Laboratorio didattico di prove a impatto su materiali polimerici
- Laboratorio didattico di Fenomeni di Trasporto
- Laboratorio didattico Instabilità nei fluidi
Research Department Laboratories
- Laboratorio di Microscopia Elettronica
- Laboratorio di Microscopia elettronica avanzata
- Laboratorio di Preparazione e Strumentale per analisi chimiche
- Laboratorio Fluorescenza a raggi X (XRF)
- Laboratorio Microdifrattometria
- Laboratory of Electromagnetic Compatibility
- X-Ray Diffraction Laboratory
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) Laboratory