BEAR - Biological Engineering and Analisys of Risk
Valorization processes of the food industry wastes and by-products by means of microbial fermentations. Development of new bioreactor configurations for energy production (H2, CH4, CH3CH2OH). Evaluation of the energy sustainability for new processes and products by means of the LCA approach. Technological risk analysis for plants and processes, explosion risk analysis for industrial structures and civil buildings, fire risk evaluation for industrial and civil structures.
- Development of a new generation of anaerobic fermentation reactor using entrapped microorganism.
- Study and application of Microbial Fuel Cell in the wetland technology for waste water treatment.
- Analysis and modelling of full bioreactor landfill.
- Development of a green extraction method for biomacromolecules
- Development of a new antimicrobial test method for polymeric coating
- Definition of the explosibility parameters of non traditional dusts and dust mixtures
- Definition of an integrated index of sustainability.
PhD, Post-docs and Grant researchers: GOMEZ CAMACHO CARLOS ENRIQUE
- Dust Explosion and Processes Safety