|Scientific branch||CHIM/07 - FONDAMENTI CHIMICI DELLE TECNOLOGIE
(Area 0003 - Scienze chimiche)
Curriculum file (184 KB)
Scopus Author ID: 7202860667
Google Scholar ID: gs_lib_10285044536603262616
The research activity is spread on various topics in the field of materials chemistry but particularly devoted to the synthesis of functional materials by sol-gel process.
Member of the group Surf-Chem at the DISAT Department where her role is the coordination and the development of the activities regarding the definition of (Sol-Gel) synthesis strategies to prepare new nanostructured materials with tailored physico-chemical features. These materials find different applications spanning from heterogeneous (photo)-catalysis, energy storage & production, environmental remediation and biomedical applications.
The nanomaterials are characterized by means of several techniques, including thermal analysis, room temperature and high temperature X-ray powder diffraction, SEM and TEM microscopy, UV-visible-FTIR spectroscopy, N2 adsorption/desorption, TPR-TPO-TPD techniques.
She is a member of the international Sol-Gel society. As testified by the authorship of the publications, she has many national and international collaborations
The main research topics are
• Sol-gel syntheses of ruthenium based catalysts for biomass valorisation.
• Synthesis of (photo)catalysts for H2 production
• Preparation of metal (Fe, Ni, Fe-Co) ceramic nanocomposites for biological separation, water remediation and Moon dust simulant.
• (Photo) catalytic processes for CO2 valorization.
• Supramolecular templating approach for the preparation of (photo)catalysts for the abatement of organic (and inorganic) water pollutants.
• Supported transition metal-oxide catalysts for NH3-SCR of NOx
|Skills and keywords||
ERC sectorsPE4_18 - Environment chemistry PE4_10 - Heterogeneous catalysis PE5_6 - New materials: oxides, alloys, composite, organic-inorganic hybrid, nanoparticles PE5_1 - Structural properties of materials PE5_3 - Surface modification PE4_4 - Surface science and nanostructures PE5_4 - Thin films
SDGGoal 6: Clean water and sanitation Goal 13: Climate action Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities
Keywords(photo)reforming Biomass Chemical synthesis Heterogeneous catalysis Hydrogen Nanocomposites Sol-gel Surface properties Thin films Zeolite precursor
|Scientific responsibilities and other assignments||
Roles as evaluator or expert