SAfeR – Safety, Reliability and Risks Centre
From the analysis of the industrial processes, involved or not in accidental events, the mission of the group is to develop methodologies and tools able to grant a reliable assessment of the safety level of a production process and the related equipment for the optimization of their design and operational management.
Main research topics
- Analysis of industrial accidents and occupational accidents to acquire lessons and data to be shared for prevention purposes. Advanced methodologies for the analysis of occupational accidents.
- Innovative methodologies for risk analysis: Methodologies for time dependent risk analysis. Modelling of human and organizational factors. Risk-based process and control design and optimization
- DIATI(Prof. Mario Patrucco),
- INAIL and FCA for the advanced analysis of occupational accidents
- Dublin Institute of Technology & CNH, for the analysis of the human and organizational factors
- D’Appolonia for the dynamic risk analysis methodologies
Selected recent publications
Catalytic after-treatment of lean VOC-air streams: process intensification vs. plant reliability
Baldissone, Gabriele; Fissore, Davide; Demichela, Micaela
PROCESS SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
Vol.100 pp.12 (pp.208-219) ISSN:0957-5820 DOI:10.1016/j.psep.2016.01.012
Municipal Emergency Plans in Italy: requirements and drawbacks
Pilone, Eleonora; Mussini, Paola; Demichela, Micaela; Camuncoli, Gianfranco
Vol.85 pp.8 (pp.163-170) ISSN:0925-7535 DOI:10.1016/j.ssci.2015.12.029
Human Factor Analysis Embedded in Risk Assessment of Industrial Machines: Effects on the Safety Integrity Level
Demichela, Micaela; Pirani, ROBERTA STEFANIA; Leva, C.
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PERFORMABILITY ENGINEERING
Vol.10 pp.10 (pp.487-496) ISSN:0973-1318
- Catalytic after-treatment of lean VOC-air streams: process intensification vs. plant reliability